Male Hormone Replacement Therapy for Low T in Michigan
Allure Medical Spa Serving Shelby Township, Livonia, Clarkston, and the Detroit Area
HRT Treatment for Men Suffering from Low Testosterone:
Men experience andropause (male menopause) at any age, probably symptomatically peaking at late 40’s to early 50’s. This can be successfully treated with testosterone replacement.
ADAM questionnaire about symptoms of low testosterone
(Androgen Deficiency in the Aging Male)
This basic questionnaire can be very useful for men to describe the kind and severity of their low testosterone symptoms.
1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
2. Do you have a lack of energy?
3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
4. Have you lost height?
5. Have you noticed a decreased “enjoyment of life”?
6. Are you sad and/or grumpy?
7. Are your erections less strong?
8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
9. Are you falling asleep after dinner?
10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
If you Answer Yes to number 1 or 7 or if you answer Yes to more than 3 questions, you may have low Testosterone.
If you think you have low Testosterone (Low T), this can be measured with a simple blood test. The results are more accurate before noon if you are normally up daylight hours.
Testosterone can be replaced with Topical cream applied 2 times daily, injections (in the thigh or buttocks) weekly, or Pellets inserted every 3-6 months.
Pellets have the obvious advantage of convenience. Additionally, because pellets are slowly and consistently absorbed, the levels in your blood are much more consistent, which likely leads to better symptoms relief, and lower incidence of potential side effects.